Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Love You Elephant much- Start the movement for a better tommorow



Writing about something positive that comes out of something negative and ugly is difficult for me to do as there are going to people or characters in my writings that will be named differently for the sake of confidentiality, they are going to be pissed, hurt, reluctance and whatever else they may feel that doesn’t satisfy their little hearts. But this book is not about them and their feelings and what they think. They can write their own darn book for that matter. This book is about a family of four. My two daughters, my dog Madison and me and our struggle as a family that could have been all avoided but instead it was intended. My experiences and how I’ve come to accept the person I was and who I am today. I wanted to write something that would inspire others such as women and even men, psychotherapist professionals, such as myself and before we move on, yes, I am a Marital Family therapist for a few years now. So this should be even more interesting to you as trouble finds everyone baby.

If it doesn’t give anyone insight, then I would think that I would have accomplished one thing and that is the writing my legacy to myself. So I can look back and see how far I have come. To be grateful in so many ways for so many reasons and to know that here I was once a young girl, who didn’t even like reading the newspaper unless it was the comics section, is writing a book. Believe it or not I wanted to be this famous Salsa singer or that freestyle singer that I used to be but really had a great experience and had a bunch of laughs with great people and artists I met along the way. Nothing else.But I did have some claim to fame. As a singer, I opened up for so many famous people; such as Mark Anthony, yes ladies and gentlemen it’s Ripley’s believe it or not, several times too. I opened up for Boys to Men, in the Latin spectrum; I was on Telemundo with La India, Ray De La Paz who is a very good friend of mine. But that’s another book that I’m writing.  Let’s stick to this one first.  I was able to pursue my education, My Master’s degree in Marital and Family therapy. I am hopeful that my story will give hope to anyone because I have endured and accomplished and experienced so much in my life I guess now is as good as time as any to write a book.

This book, one of my chapters, A Storm I call Mayhem.”  You may ask yourself on why I chose this title and who am I referring to as Mayhem. Long story and through the story you will find out on who and why.  But I can explain the word Mayhem. Have you ever seen the Mayhem commercials from Allstate auto insurance? Well, you have to check it out, if you have not already, Let me tell you that the word Mayhem fits the character perfectly for this book.  Google defines Mayhem as the willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person. Now there is no mutilation going on in my book although there were moments and I just wanted to….uhmmmmm….ooops…...uhmmm…forget about that…. Moving on, the word crippling nevertheless, is fitting to my story. Yahoo defines Mayhem as a life full of chaos, and probably bad things are happening. Lots of drama. LOL, (sorry, I’m used to texting) yes my readers, lots of drama.   I remembered trying to get friends, other women to partner up with me in writing about something fun and interesting some type of writing that can and help other woman relate and know that there is a way out or a way into a healthy and prosperous life after living a life of hell (you may define it as drama) I found that I had the information all along. My life as a woman in search of answers, love, music, independence, support, and through my research, readings I found such wonderful, amazing wealth of informatioojn out there.  You, the reader just have to be open to other methods of doing things, different ways of living your life, changing your life style, taking the negative people out of your life. You ever hear of the Law of attraction, “The Secret by Rhonda Bynes” how about the “Law of Forgiveness, by Connie Domino, MPH, and RN and for me, my bible, now those are books that changed my life!!! This is not to say that pain, hurts and negative things don’t come my way, OF COURSE THEY DO PEOPLE! But It is how we attract drama versus peace, misery versus self differentiation, and aloneness versus spiritual fulfillment. This book tells a story about a Latina woman such as myself searching for exactly what many of us search for which is love, happiness, internal peace, success and you can add to that list if you want. But in the mist of the search, I found myself in many adverse situations that may have been considered negativity even though I felt I was doing the right thing at that time  Again, In the realm oIndy faith, my higher power, faith in myself and faith that in the end,  things will work out is how we can start the movement to a better tomorrow.

we expect miracles instead we embrace bandages, just like I did,  and each time I put a bandage on my wound I hoped bad things wouldn’t cross my path, but I learned through writing my story, that I was a fool, I was naïve, humble, a sucker, unrealistic. But in the last two years I learned so many things. What is presented to us, should be healthy and that being married, divorced, separated a single parent and finding my way to back of who I am, and not turning back to who I was and all the creepy crawlers that come into reminding me of all the wrongs I did, how do we stop that! We are living in a life where happiness is so important. I am currently in a crossroads in my life, hoping that by the time I’m done with this book, I can find total acceptance, total forgiveness, and the light that once shined over me, including the bliss that one filled my heart with only good memories instead of shit that clogs my mind.   So many endings come with infinite beginnings. New beginnings that I’m not quite sure how they got here, are unknown to me, scary, it's taking me a long time to open up too but I am willing to work on accepting goodness and positive change into my life because when I do face it, it’s positive, its healthy, I have no ill feelings about it. I deserve a chance to be presented with good. Just because one feels they never had it that way, doesn't mean that they never deserved it. We all deserve positivity in our lives. We all deserve a second chance on happiness and whatever else comes with it. I’m here at Barnes and Noble, located at Buckland Hills Mall, in Manchester, Connecticut on this 15th day of February. My little computer is driving me crazy but , it’s not stopping me from writing and sharing my thoughts. It’s quiet,  a good place to put on your earphones, listen to music that inspires one to write and maybe ordering a coffee and a danish and observe people for the first mdunce. I’m not sure how my story is going toI begin or end nor am I anxious about it.  I write my “Ave Maria Marline” series of books as a way to help myself heal, to see if I can reach people out there and to show others like me that they are not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment