Friday, June 21, 2013

Letters to My Daughters- Stop and Smell The Roses

7/09

Hello my darling girls,
I was thinking the day that we went on our first cruise. We were going through so much at the time and although we were struggling at the time, I knew that you both deserved a break from the real world. You both were so excited. The most fun I had with you girls in awhile. I loved your faces, you Alex were trying to be the adult and make sure everything was packed, you even made a list with your sister and checked all of our bags. You and Sami went into my closet and wanted me to wear the prettiest dresses, you would give me your fashionista input and practically told me what to wear in ever ocassion. Jade, you followed Maya and check the list of things we needed to take on our trip.  Your happiness was my happiness. Although we carried a heavy heart, nothing could bring us down during those special moments. We spent our trip with family members, my sister-your aunt, uncles and cousins.  I believe one of my sister's best friend went as well. We ate on that trip like there was no tomorrow, ordered every meal on the menu. We took sun and we danced our bookies off. I remember our cabin. it was tight but it felt like a slumber party but with my best of girlfriends. We all fought for the mirror. Alex, you would fight withJade because she took too long in the shower and Jade you fought with Alex and kept telling her "Your not my mom, stop telling me what to do!" I would smile because those are the type of moments that I will Cheri's and always remember.

Daughters of mine, I can not tell you how much I appreciate you both being in my life. Words can not express the love that I carry for the both of you each and every day. It's seems like in a blink of an eye that things have changed so much. Its true when they say that you are not in control of your life, that God has the best interest for you. That is why it is so important for you both to stop from time to time, close your eyes, take a deep breath and be in the moment. Remember and appreciate your every days including the bad ones. I only say this because when life throws you challenges, it is to help you appreciate your sense of worth. Stop and smell the roses, and think about your decisions in life and make sure that your decisions are well worth making them and never look back and have regrets. Love all and continue to be kiddo to others as you would like others to treat you. ............................

I will always be here for you my darling girls

I love you elephant much
Your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment