Saturday, June 8, 2013

Letters to My Daughters - My daughters are my heroes

Dear Daughters of mine,
It was summer of 2009, I remember the day I was in bed, feeling down and out and feeling defeated in a world Where I worked so hard to overcome life surprises that was place upon me from birth to 18 years old.  I thought that I was able to out run and hide in a new world that was create by me and your father. But it was inevitable that my life was already destined to face all the fears, hurts and pains that I had to face. I am sorry that I brought you into this world to experience such a taunting times. But I am so very grateful that you both were here providing me unconditional love, trying to distract me even from your own hurts and pains. This was not your duty and I know I failed you then. The divorce period was not easy for all of us, I should have handled it better. To clarify, it was not the divorce that broke me but the way actions were displayed by adults. 1) an adult who was left confuse and felt betrayed 2) an adult trying to find their way thru a journey that affected those that loved them and 3) an adult who should have minded their business instead fancied their insecurities causing them to hurt others at all costs.

We were broken into pieces and I acknowledge the strength you, my daughters, had to carry on.  You were my heroes, something that two little girls should have never been subjected to as I know that my lifeless spirit and the emptiness of another parent was difficult for you.  I acknowledge my wrong doings and can never make up those 6 months to you.  I acknowledge that you both had to grow up fast from one day to the next, and that was not fair to the both of you.  You comforted me, you told me things were going to be ok, you both cooked and surprised me with your cooking, you included me in everything that you learned from us being a family and you were there every step of the way to make sure we were all ok. That was my job and I am sorry that my sadness, illness and weakness got in the way.

There is good news my girls,  because of your courage and you love, to date the mother that you once knew since birth has evolved. It has taken sometime to find my way back to myself and the beliefs of true unconditional love, and that is you, my children. I learned the hard way that there is nothing in this world worth more hen the angels God has sent to me. We all have a purpose in life but get distracted with the inequities of life. you both are my true reason for being in this earth. I have much more life to share with you girls, I have so much Love to continue to give you, my angels, and I am never giving upon myself again. And that's a promise!

I love you elephant much
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment